Swell society B4BC wrapup

Category : , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Editor's note: I originally posted this on my blog but it should also be in the Cal surf blog, same post different blog, Garrett

On Thursday July 9th Swell Society hosted the Boarding for Breast Cancer poolside fashion show at the Calhoun Beach club. The weather was less then perfect and tried to literally rain on our parade, thankfully though the rain held up and the show was amazing. The models rocked some legit gear, the tunes were banging and the silent auction of lots of merchandise helped to raise money for breast cancer research. Quiksiler was in town with some of the coolest dudes I've had the honor of showing around town and came to the event. The night was one of the highlights of my young art career and a total blast!

Me and my buddy chuck aka charles mossey were there doing a live painting, we prepared the week before by working in my studio and doing many preliminary sketches, after many failed attempts we both agreed on an idea and composition that we liked. We wanted something elegant but also contemporary and fun, something we wanted to enjoy painting but also created visual awareness to breast cancer, or at least tie breast cancer into the piece.

All in all the night was a blast and the live painting went well, even though me and chuck were both a little anxious being that we had never done a live painting in front of a large group.

I also painted a bust that was auctioned of in the silent auction and my good friend Jesse Draxler did as well.

Here are the photos from the night, it is a mini photo documentary of one of my favorite nights of this summer so far.









































































No comments: